According to the DMV web site , you may not park:
- beside another parked vehicle (double parking)
- on crosswalks or sidewalks
- in front of driveways
- within areas where parking is prohibited by curbs painted yellow or No Parking signs
- in a parking space reserved for disabled persons
- on the hard surface of a road when no curb is present
- within 15 feet of a fire hydrant
- within 20 feet of an intersection
- within 15 feet of the entrance to a fire, ambulance or rescue squad station
- within 500 feet of where fire trucks or equipment are stopped answering an alarm
- within 50 feet of a railroad crossing
- in such a way that you block or create a hazard for other vehicles in a designated traffic lane
Bellevue Security Patrol
Since it’s establishment in 1996, The Bellevue Security Patrol has had a unifying effect, and positive impact on the safety of our community.
It has been cited by the police as a role model for other neighborhoods. We are enormously grateful for the help over the years of those neighbors who have been involved in the patrol. We hope to continue to enhance the safety of our residents for many years to come.
Do you have an hour or so each month to help your neighborhood?
Security Patrol needs help filling empty patrol slots. Grab a neighbor, friend, partner, wife, or husband and volunteer to ride around Bellevue for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours, once every 4 weeks. Help your neighbors watch out for their homes and businesses and encourage a safer neighborhood for everyone.
If you can help or want more information, please fill out the form:
Our Sector Lieutenant
Richmond Police Department
Lieutenant K.T. Manns-Sector 412
4th Precinct#: 804-646-4105
When to call either 911 or the non emergency number (804.646.5100)
- IF you see anyone breaking into anything (house, garage, tool shed, car, etc.) or stealing anything (yard equipment, tools, lawn furniture, etc.), CALL 9-1-1 while the crime is in progress.
- Is it your house, tool shed or garage? If so, STAY OUTSIDE.
- CALL 9-1-1 right away from your cell phone or from your neighbor’s phone.
- IF you come home to find that someone has broken into your home, shed, car, etc. or stolen ANYTHING, and the suspect has left, OR IF you see anything suspicious, CALL 646-5100.
Map of Sector 412